London, United Kingdom – The Emerging Payments Association (EPA) is excited to announce the theme for the 2018 iteration of PAY360, the EPAs flagship conference. Under title of Trust and Understanding in Payments, PAY360 will explore consumer and SME understanding of how digital payments can help them.
Without trust and understanding, adoption of new payments products will be limited, and growth of the payments industry will falter. Speakers and attendees at PAY360 will together explore topics like:
- How do consumers and SMEs use payments products?
- What do consumers want from providers of payments services, including banks?
- From what sort of organisations do consumers want banking services?
- Are regulations such as PSD2 protecting consumers or inhibiting innovation?
- What are consumers using to make payments around the world?
- Who is driving the change, the innovator or the consumer?
This more customer centric theme is one of many new initiatives made by PAY360 Event Director Mike Seaman, who’s goal it is to double PAY360 in size, not only in terms of attendees and exhibitors, but also in opportunities to see. These initiatives range from using the dynamic PechaKucha format, an interactive event app underpinned by its own cryptocurrency and linked to a retail outlet, a meet the speakers feature and an opportunity for delegates to win £1,000 in our quiz shoot-out Trivial Paysuit.
These initiatives would not have been possible to implement without the support of Visa, who remain our Headline Sponsor for the second year in a row.