Based in London, Ian Clowes helps Fintech companies to launch neo banks, mobile wallets and pre-paid programs and is currently Chairman of FSHorizons a Digital Banking solutions Fintech. He is a passionate and entrepreneurial CEO and Chairman with a strong track record in setting up, launching and building successful businesses in the Fintech and banking space with full P&L ownership. His roles have spanned from Director of a major UK bank (Abbey/Santander) to Director of a blue chip global technology provider (Unisys) and most recently CEO of an investor-backed, high-growth digital payments and banking-platform company. He has been an influential player within the payments industry serving in Board and advisory capacities with numerous companies, industry associations and regulatory bodies. (Founder member of Emerging Payments Advisory Board). Ian earned an MBA from Warwick University.
• 25+ years in financial services, payments and Fintech
• Former Co founder and CEO Omnio Group, He led the merger in 2018 with PCT & Tuxedo Money Solutions to create Omnio, a PE-backed deal resulting in a £100+ million valuation and processing over £1.5 billion per annum.
• Former Founder & CEO of Payment Cloud Technologies (PCT), a B2B digital banking and payments platform – Launched in 2008, Ian grew the business through B2B clients (e.g. FairFX, AnPost, easyJet) and strategic partners (e.g. Wirecard, Unisys, FIS) and equity investments (e.g. Travel Welfare, Change Account).
• Launched the UK’s first cloud-based digital challenger bank focussed on financial inclusion, The Change Account, in 2013.
• Set up MoneyCard 2005, one of the first pre-paid card companies in Europe, executed the sale to Santander 2007
• Significant Board Experience: Abbey National /Santander (Group Payments Director), Travelex (JV with Abbey National), BACS Board, Cheque & Credit Clearing Company, APACS Council, Money Card Ltd, Emerging Payments Association (EPA), Travel Welfare (airline platform business), Change Account (ethical challenger bank).